As we continue to navigate the uncertain waters of COVID-19, our mentorship program coordinator, Josie Faccini, has an update on our mentorship program’s activities, as well as some of the latest happenings around Niagara that may be of interest to mentors, mentees, local jobseekers, and the wider Niagara workforce:
Hello to everyone,
During these trying times I hope that you are staying safe and positive. Just wanted to give you an update and check in.
- NWPB is now operating remotely, but we are still here working for you, and continuing with our mentorship program virtually! We are always looking for mentors, so if you’re looking for ways to get involved with your community and help someone during this self-isolation period, please contact us.
- Are you are an internationally trained health care professional? If so, we encourage you register with us to ensure you stay connected for any opportunities that might come up in Niagara, or ways you can contribute to the ongoing efforts to combat and contain the novel corona virus.
- If your employment has been affected by COVID-19, we encourage you to connect with a local Employment Ontario Office. This link provides a list of offices you can get in touch with no matter where you are in Niagara, by web or by phone, at the bottom of the page.
- There still are employers in Niagara who are hiring! NWPB has job postings from around Niagara available for browsing any time at nwpb.ca/jobs.
- Finally, we also encourage everyone to take a few minutes to fill out this survey from Statistics Canada. Everyone has been impacted in some way by the COVID-19 pandemic. By taking this five-minute survey, you will make an important contribution for yourself, your family, friends, neighbours and community as we shape policy in Canada, Ontario, and Niagara going forward.
That’s all from me for now, but we’ll all continue to be in touch! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any other members of the NWPB team if you require assistance, or if you just want to stay connected.
Stay safe and all the best,